This is the 21st century and remote controlled devices like the best robotic lawn mowers, remote controlled drones, etc are not the luxuries, but necessity.
Does it happen with you that after the hectic schedule of five days, you plan to enjoy the weekend in a frenzy? There are a lot many recreational activities you start thinking about. Bowling, treadmill, fishing, overnight hiking, etc.
You spend the whole time coming from office/college to home, thinking about the weekend plans.
As soon as you reach your home, you see your neighbour's well-cut lawn & realize that it's AGAIN the time to give your lawn a haircut! Whoof - there go down the drain all your 'Weekend Goals'.
Some of us would spend the whole weekend toiling in the lawn. Well for others, there are the 'Robotic Lawn Mowers' that make lives easy, sorted and pleasurable!
- 1 Best Robotic Lawn Mower - Top 11 Amazon Products
Best Robotic Lawn Mowers - Top 11 Amazon Products
A remote controlled lawn mower or the RC mower is very easy to use. Surprisingly, it does not cost much as compared to the convenience it offers.
While some lawn mowers are fast and do the entire job in minutes, others may be slow yet better in performance. It is difficult to go through a host of products.
You might end up buying something which misses a feature you *actually* need the most.
The Absolute Reviews examined the top 20 best robotic lawn mowers & shortlisted the top 11 remote controlled mowers.
How Does a RC Lawn Mower Work?
The remote lawn mowers work in a very interesting way. Put a wire around the lawn area to be mowed. With the ingenious technology, the electronic sensors detect the area to be cut. The robotic lawn mower adopts a pattern by which it can quickly mow the entire area.
Relax yourself and let this mini bot take all the burden of mowing the lawn.
- Did you know?
Lawn mowers today are so advanced that even if you do not have a rectangular lawn, the automatic lawn mowers can cut through easily. Set up a boundary and good to go!
Some lawn mowers are so smart that in case the battery goes low or the mowing is complete, they head back to the dock.
So why hire a company to mow your lawn? Buy a robotic lawn mower and go tension free!
Without further ado, let us check out the best of the bests Remote Controlled Mowers.
The Top 8 Robotic LawnMower Reviews - Hand Tested Products
It took us around a week to try the products and select the best ones. We tested these mowers on the parameters of speed, ability to mow wet grass and uneven land, sound produced, weight, etc.
|Weight||Dimensions||Mow Time||Charg. Time||Area Covered|
|Robomow RS622 Battery Operated Lawn Mower||44.09 lbs||12.2 x 25.98 x 28.94||60 Mins||90 Mins||1/2 Acre||Check Price|
|WORX Landroid G794 Robotic Lawn Mower||36 lbs||22 x 15 x 9.5||60 Mins||90 Mins||1/4 Acre||Check Price|
|Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower||44 lbs||29 x 26 x 12||50-70 Mins||120 Mins||3/4 Acre||Check Price|
|Robomow RS 612 Battery Powered Lawn Mower||44 lbs||28 x 25 x 12||40-55 Mins||60-90 Mins||1/4 Acre||Check Price|
|Husqvarna Automower 315 Robotic Lawn Mower||19.8 lbs||24.8 x 20.1 x 9.8||70 Mins||60 Mins||1/3 Acre||Check Price|
|McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower||15.4 lbs||23.2 x 17.3 x 10.2||65 Mins||50 Mins||1/4 Acre||Check Price|
|LawnBott LB1200 Cordless Electric Robotic Lawn Mower||24 lbs||12.2 x 25.98 x 28.94||4-5 hours||150-180 Mins||3/4 Acre||Check Price|
|Robomow RC 306 Robotic Lawn Mower||25.1 lbs||24.8 x 18.1 x 8.3||60 Mins||60-90 Mins||1/8 Acre||Check Price|
This robotic lawn mower is one of the coolest RC gadgets we have seen.
The robust engine is the craziest feature of this robotic lawn mower.
The smart robomow comes back for recharging after it cuts the lawn.
This smart mower can mow areas up till half an acre.
- Slope Mowing - The smart mower can mow the lawns with slope till 36%.
- Rain Sensor - You choose whether the mower cuts the grass while it is about to rain. Pick the setting and turn off your mower when the weather is humid or it is about to rain.
- Multiple Zones - In case your lawn is divided into different parts, this mower allows you to mow each of the parts individually.
- Child Lock - Now never compromise with the safety of your children. Prevention is always better than cure. Turn on the child lock feature and prevent your kids from using the mower.
- Installation Kit - With the set, the user gets the installation kit that makes the using experience easy and trouble free. I have personally ordered stuff and cringed beyond limits because of not knowing how to use them. This installation kit becomes so easy to understand because of the video tutorials.
- Automatic Action - This is an independent lawn mower that won't trouble you much. This means, it departs on its own from the base station, does its job and returns. The smart generation robotic mower reaches the tough areas of your lawns and mows every single patch that an automatic mower misses.
- Warranty - The mower comes with a 12 month warranty period where the company bears the shipping cost. The parts and labor costs are also covered.
- Noise Cancellation - The mower is very quiet and makes no sound while trimming the lawn.
- Smartphone Compatibility - Being one of the futuristic and best Remote lawn mowers 2018, the product is compatible with iOS and and Android devices.
- Display - The control panel displays a 2.5-inch monochrome LCD which shows the date, time and battery status.
Take a Bow - The Mower is Smart
The mower is pretty easy to operate. Press the 'Go' button and the mower starts the manual operation. The same button is also used to change the menu options. You can change the mowing height with an adjustment knob. There's also a height indicator and a safety kill switch.
For programming, use a control panel or an iOS or Android device. The mower connects to the iOS/Android through the Bluetooth Low Energy where the range is five foot.
Technical Details - Robomow RS622
- Cutting Width: 550 mm
- Product Dimensions: 12.2 inches x 25.98 inches x 28.94 inches
- Mower Weight: 44.09 Pounds
- Power: 400 Watts
- Spinning Power: 4,000 rotations per minutes
- Excellent in performance
- iOS and Android Compatibility
- Independent & Dependable Lawn Mower
- Can mow a lawn upto 23,000 square feet
- Heavy duty shroud made of plastic is weather resistant
- The mower changes direction in case of obstacles
What is the difference between the Robomow RS612 and the Robomow RS622?
There is another time of lawnmower, the Robomow RS 612. The Robomow RS 612 is not on my list for Top 8 Best robotic lawn mowers and so I thought it would be good to mention the differences between RS 612 and RS 622. The reason being, both are considered similar by many. Both are similar in the aspect of mowing height and warranty time. The differences are mentioned below:
- Average mow time of RS 622 is 65 minutes and that of RS 612 is 55 minutes.
- Robomow RS622 comes with brushless motor whereas the Robomow RS612 comes has brush motors.
- The RS622 includes more wires and plugs to support the perimeter wire. Also, there is a difference in software for both the remote control lawn mowers.
- Also, the Robomow RS 622 can handle lawns up to 2200 square metres (1/2 acre) and the Robomow RS 612 can handle lawns up to 1200 square meters (1/4 acre).
You have seen that the Robomow 622 comes programmed and ready to use from the company. The WORX Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower is another robotic lawn mower that flaunts the same feature.
Setting up the mower is like 123.
If you have been online shopping the gadgets, you know how big of a hassle it is.
Embedded with the inclined mowing feature, this Worx remote controlled mower is one of the best robotic lawn mowers 2018.
- Trimming Action - What we noticed is that the mower trims the lawn so precisely that you will need to mower just once a month. With the AIA technology, the RC mower navigates through narrow passages & cuts swiftly.
- Difficult Terrain? Bring it on! - The RC Lawn Mower or the Robotic Lawn Mower finds it easy to mow on an inclination or at a declining land angle. It can change the angle upto 18-20 degrees.
The mower can take sharp cuts and reach places where regular mowers don't. The mower can decline and incline upto 20 degrees.
The smart mowers returns to the base station when the battery drains or it starts raining.
Now customize your mowing schedules with this mower that can mow easily a land one-quarter (1/4) of an acre.
- Artificial Intelligence - While using Artificial Intelligence, the robotic mower ensures that no patch in the lawn is left unattended. Charging this beast will not be a problem as it reached full charge within minutes.
- Easy Programing - Are you a Software Engineer? Well, in case you think this question is irrelevant, let me tell you there are many mowers in the market, so hard to operate that you might cringe beyond limits. The Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower
- User-interface - Are you a software engineer? Well this questions matters since many lawn mowers in the market will make you pull your hair when you won't understand how to set the mowing right.
- Cutting Height: 1.6 inches to 4 inches
- Mower Weight: 36 Pounds
- Product Dimensions: 22 inches x 15 inches x 9.5 inches
- Battery: 1 Lithium ion battery
- Inclination: 20 degrees
- Pretty lightweight
- Very cheap given the other products in the market
- A great automatic tool
- Automatic deport and return to home feature
- The remote control lawn mower comes with obstacle protection, which however doesn't work very well
- The edges are not mowed properly
- Cutting Quality - The mowing action is good and it cuts through pretty easily. The twin blade system make the cut pretty clean with a wide cut width of 22 inches. The mower does not store the cut grass. This grass which is cut into fine pieces decomposes quickly.
- Obstacle Prevention - The Robomow RS 630 is smart when it comes to detecting obstacles. The bumper of this robotic lawn mower detects the obstacle, the blades stop working, the robot steps backwards, and diverts the way. If your lawn has trees, it will not bump into them. If obstacle detection is your pivotal criteria of assessment, go for this product.
- Terrain Test - This RC Lawn Mower emerged as an unbeatable winner in my lawn test. I tried it on the worst terrains - holes, bumps, trees, outgrown grass, and weed. Its direction changed a little bit as the pinecones came its way. The Robomow was able to come back after shaking a little. If this device can work on such a difficult terrain, I am sure it ca overcome the hurdles in your front yard.
- Mowing an irregularly-shaped patch - The mower navigates in any direction it feels comfortable in. At the start, it makes you feel like it will leave patches because it mows irregularly. The presumption is broken at the end where the lawn is well-cut. All you need to do is set the mower's 'Zones'. With the Multizone feature, you can choose the separate areas that need mowing. Choose the areas of the lawn which you want to mow. This feature benefits those persons the most whose lawn are separated by walkways.
- Geographical and climatic disruptions - Come hell or high water, this robotic mower was determined to mow; no exaggeration. The mower worked even after it was unprotected in rainfall and started working when it was over. If the humidity is higher, the mower happily finds its way to the base station and starts mowing on its own once the rainfall is over.
- Customer Service? Great one - As mentioned by one of the verified purchasers of this product, the company replaced the motor and the display. Also, there were easy to understand videos, so installation was not a big deal.
- Product Dimensions: 29 inches x 26 inches x 12 inches
- Charge Time: 120 minutes
- Mower Weight: 44 Pounds
- Battery: 26 Volt Lithium Battery
- Spinning Power: 4,000 rotations per minutes
This Robomow works a 'Certain Way'
While testing I could not set the lawn mower right. It kept pulling out the boundary wire and going into wrong areas barred by the boundary wire. The mower would move in the left direction even after being set to move straight. Also, it reset itself which made me cringe. I am not very patient while dealing with gadgets till date, even though I've taken it up as the every weekend hobby.
Overall, it was disappointing. Spending money to test a product which won't even work properly for a minute!
However, very soon I realized that the problem arose because of not reading the instructions carefully.
Setting the wire right was all I needed to do.
Pro Tip - Create a narrow ditch with a trimmer or something similar for the wire. Set the pegs and the gap right between the fence and you're good to go!
Leave the exact margin as specified to get the magical yardwork done.
Technical Details - Landroid Worx G794
The Robomow RS 630 is a package that creates anxiety when it starts operation, but marvel by the time it ends.
To be precise, it is like a superhero that does come under the RADAR and faces difficult situation. However, it knows precisely how to make through it.
What I liked about this mower was that it was very quiet. I had a hard time explaining my neighbors the last time I reviewed a drone, as it was making a lot of sound. I put this mower to work at the night and found a well-cut lawn when I woke up.
The mower can easily mow lawns upto 3/4 of an acre. One thing that you need to agree on is that there are certain areas in a lawn where only the manual intervention will be needed. For such areas, you can select operate the mower with a remote.
Either you can opt for an additional remote or connect your iOS or Android phone by connecting it through Bluetooth. Tell your mower to start, delay or stop and it will obey you like a good child.
With the help of a remote, you can set up a schedule for the mower to follow. Lawn height can also be set using the remote itself, keeping the cutting height to 0.78 to 3.14 inches.
Precautions to take
Never put the base charging station in open sunlight. This will hamper the operating panel and make the display fade. However, the manufacturers are not to blame for this as it is already mentioned in the instructions to put the display in shade.
Technical Details - Robomow RS 630
- Fast charging
- Long operation time
- Does not need to run on gas, oil, or electricity
- Installation can be time taking
This particular product is one of the best products ny Robomow. It has premium drive wheels that help the mower in cutting grass effectively by reaching out to the larger and the complex areas.
The mower covers an area of slightly more than one-quarter of a lawn.
The mower is fair in performance and also cuts the fallen leaves that come its way. However, if you think it will clean up your lawn during the fall, do not be mistaken.
- Going to the slopes - The mower can handle slopes of up to 36% or 20 degrees. The mower has steel blades so that the grass is cut from all the angles giving it a sharp and sleek appearance. The cut beyond the edges system in this lawn gives a sleek and tidy look to your lawn.
- Programming - You can program this mower. This means, you can tell the mower to cut around certain objects/obstacles and it will work just fine.
- Smartphone Compatibility/Mobile Phone App - You can not be around your mower at all the times. Neither can you keep a check on your mower and control its actions. For the same reason, the smartphone compatibility comes to use. Just integrate your phone with the mower by installing an application and use your mobile phone as your remote control. Also, you can reprogram the functions using smartphone.
- Weather Smart - The smart mower works round the year. Be it summers, winters,or rains. Ensure a maintained lawn in any weather. This means your mower will run even if its raining outside. However, sometimes it can be messy when there is excessive rainfall. Hence that time, you can choose whether to keep the mower working or not.
- Low Noise - This is one of the best features that I liked in this mower. I have already discussed about the mowers that mow and do not create much sound. However, this is one of the bests considering the noise criterion. My sister turned on the mower one day and I barely noticed that it was on while passing by the lawn.
- Safety - Well again, this is one of the most important aspects to check while buying any gadget. Games, drones, mowers, etc are the appliances which are costly and need security for themselves and the people around. Ensuring about the security and safety, the lawn mower stops its blades as it is lifted. The PIN lock again ensures double safety. Would you really want anyone to use your bot without your approval? Certainly not.
- Child Lock feature - Set a child lock so that your toddlers and kids are safe even around the mower.
- Cutting Width: 22 inches
- Product Dimensions: 28 inches x 25 inches x 12 inches
- Mower Weight: 44 pounds
- Charge Time: 60-90 minutes
- Mowing Time: 40-55 minutes
- Power: 400 Watts
- Automatic scheduling
- Anti theft alarm
- Perfect mowing
- Can't cut bigger lawns
- Set-up: It took me 4-5 hours to put wire around my 1800 square feet lawn. It was pretty simple for me to understand the installation using the YouTube videos. A step by step installation manual is also helpful. Check out this video. It will make your life easy.
- Phone compatibility: The software of the mower allowed us to maneuver the mower. The phone application helps to set the time for mowing, cycle, etc. The mower can operate in different zones after changing the setting.
- Cutting Time - It might take you about 3 hours to -put a wire across your lawn. The mowing is properly done in 5 hours for an average sized lawn.
- Safety - This is one of the most importants for any gadget. You might be buying cell-phones, automobiles, or an electrical appliance, always check for its harm to the environment and your body. This mower stops working as you lift it from the ground. The wheels freeze and stop moving. A great feature if you have kids in the house or some naughty pets. To keep it secure against theft and unprotected or unauthorized use, set up the PIN-Code of your choice.
- Mowing Action - This smart RC Robot mows in areas of about 16,000 square feet and can handle slopes till 40%. The mower can work in the areas that normal mowers can't fit into. The mower cuts the grass so tiny that you won't need to worry about dumping it. As per the company, these clippings fertilize the grass. Hence, a good feature.
- Weather Time - This mower will automatically interpret the time of maximum growth of your grass. This implies that at a time your grass is hard and the growth is more, the mower will automatically understand it. This also means that just like your maid needs an off, this mower will minimize its action during the dry season. Thus, the efficiency is increased only when it is required.
Go hands free. The mower takes care of its battery and charges when needed. It automatically goes to the base station and charges when the battery goes low. No need to carry and take the robot out. Automatic truly!
The mower will start beeping loudly if anyone tries to disconnect it from the base station without entering the four digit PIN.
Technical Details - Robomow RS 612
Got complex lawn areas? This Husqvarna Automower has got your back. Husqvarna is a well-known brand, trusted for its reliability. The brand is not new in the market and has dominated since the last 20 years. The mowers of this company have been proved one of the bests after critical testings.
This particular mower is environment-friendly with features that make it harmless.
The mower works independently and won't need your observation.
With stylish steel blades, the mower leaves the grass fresh and well-cut.
SET YOUR LAWN BOUNDARIES WITH Husqvarna Automower 315 Robotic Lawn Mower
The mower is capable of understanding the wire by detecting the voltage run through it. The Husqvarna Automower knows which specified voltage will be run by the wire. The mower treats the wire just like a boundary. So, it defines its way as per the boundary wire. I used the wire around the trees so the mower knew that this was an obstacle and could skip bumping into it, thought it reacts swiftly even if it runs into an obstacle.
Default Factory PIN for Mower
The default PIN code is set on the device and it is not mentioned anywhere on the mower. Instead of banging your head after buying the mower, better call the customer care. Beware, because they do not work on weekends. Ensure that you know the PIN code in advance or else you'll go bananas cringing about not being able to use your brand new mower even after paying the full amount for it.
- Noise Cancellation - The mower is pretty noiseless. Hence, I did not have to specifically schedule its working in the daytime because of the sound it would make. The noise level is 58 decibels.
- Charging itself - A smart Feature - The mower is also smart given the fact that it automatically charges itself. It will keep on running here and there till it traces the signal from the base station. Or else, as a second option, the mower will look for the central or the mail wire which would take it to the base station. Thus, you don't have to keep a hawk eye on the mower. It's not like my little sister who I have to check upon regularly - kidding! The mower runs for charging when it hits 15%.
- User Interface - The display screen is big and easy to use. You can select settings from the interface. Choose when the mower should start mowing with just one click.
- Programming - You can program this mower. This means, you can tell the mower to cut around certain objects/obstacles and it will work just fine.
- Cutting Width: 8.7 inches
- Product Dimensions: 24.8 x 20.1 x 9.8 inches
- Mower Weight: 19.8 pounds
- Wattage - 25
- Automatic working
- Works quietly
- Mows slopes upto 40%
- Brilliant mowing action
- Can't go up-down the ledges
- It can be troublesome to set the wire
- Mowing Area - The mower mows areas up to 0.25 acres that is about 1,000 square meters.
- Customer Support - Though this does not pertain to the technical details of the mower, yet this is a substantial feature to vouch for. One year warranty is covered.
- Fine Clippings - The ROB will cut the grass in tiny clippings which are in turn beneficial for your lawn.
- Mower's Performance - The mower cuts the grass at the height between 0.70 inches to 2 inches. So, I was able to choose my preferable cutting height.
- Safety features - The mower is safe to use. It stops its operation when I tilt it, lift it up, or when it senses the obstacle. The mower changes its path on detecting an obstacle. The mower changes its direction if it bumps into an obstacle. The blades stop the action immediately. The mower has an anti-theft alarm which starts beeping if the mower leaves its area of mowing. Also, a child lock feature is a big relief.
- Battery and Power - The battery is a rechargeable Lithium ion. The battery charges quickly. The fully automatic robotic lawn mower is easy to program. Hence, I did not have to spend time in setting up. Three extra blades are also provided in the set.
- Working Area - 0.25 acres
- Product Dimensions: 23.2 inches x 17.3 inches x 10.2 inches
- Cutting Width: 0.7 inches to 2 inches
- Slope: 25%
- Warranty: 1 year
- Cutting width: 6.7 inches
- Charge Time: 50 minutes
- Extremely easy to use
- Replacement blades in the shipment
- Extremely silent
- Weather resistant
- Multiple zone mowing not possible
- No smartphone application
- Battery and Power - This mower uses a lithium ion battery. The battery lasts about 4-5 hours before it dozes off. The cordless lawn mower takes about 2 hours to charge.
- Compact Design - The lawnbott LB 1200 is one of the smallest lawn mowers that I have seen. It is 10.6 inches in height, 19.6 inches long, 19.2 inches in width. Extremely light weight, the compactness of the robotic lawn mower helps it to fit in the small storage areas. This also helps the mower to reach in the tiny weeny areas of your lawns.
- Warranty - The robotic lawn mower offers a year's warranty on the battery and two year warranty on the robot itself. This gives the buyers a contentment of buying a product whose issues can be resolved.
- Accreditation from various Safety Commissions - The lawn mower is passed for safe usage by US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Design - The mower comes with a sleek Italian design which has 6 sensors beneath the body. Three of the sensors are at the front and three are at the back. With four-wheel drive, the lawn mower has a design that allows it to move on slopes. It can handle slopes of about 27 degrees.
- Noise Cancellation - Cancelling its own nise, the mower does what it is supposed to - mowing the grass without making redundant noise. This makes the mower good for you, your neighbours, and the environment. The mower does not need any gas or oil.
- Weather Proof - The mower is weather proof which means it can continue the mowing action even when it rains.
- Safety and Security - The lawn mower takes care of safety at every stage. The blades stops moving when one of its handles is touched. When I touch both the handles, the mower comes to a halt.
- Easy to Clean - The mower is pretty easy to clean. The sensors of the mower attracts dirt, grass, soil, etc. It is convenient to keep this mower clean like a new purchase. So why not!
- Cutting Width: 10 inches
- Product Dimensions: 12.2 inches x 25.98 inches x 28.94 inches
- Mower Weight: 24 Pounds
- Cutting Height - 1.8 inches to 2.8 inches
- Average Work Time - More than 4 hours
- Firmware updation
- Easy to clean
- Smart obstacle prevention
- Blades need to be replaced annualy
- Installation and Set-up - Installing the mower is a cool job since everything comes embedded within.
- Warranty - Testing the product, I realized that mine worked flawlessly. I read a couple of Amazon reviews and same was the case there. So, there is a huge probability that your product will also work great like mine. However, the company offers warranty on the products where they cover a year. Customer stories say that the company is more than willing to replace the product and send a new one if an error occurs. I believe the customers should pay a nominal fee to cover three or four years for warranty.
- Design - The design is exemplary and brims with nice features. The wheels are strong. Like similar products of the company, this one also offers 'cut beyond the edge' feature. The top is deep green while the rear and bottom area comes in grayish black.
- Mowing Performance - This mower can easily handle large lawns. Also, the mower is smart and ingeniously handles multiple zones in a lawn. The process becomes very automatic since the mower can easily move between different zones of your lawn through small passages. You don't have to do a lot and that's exactly what I like 😉
- Inclination - The mower can incline on slopes up to 20 degrees which is 36%.
- Rain Sensors - The mower has a sensor to detect rain. It beeps and notifies you when it rains. You can choose whether to keep mowing or not on humid or rainy days. The mower does not hamper the mowing action even under rain.
- Anti-Theft Feature - Well, if anyone tries to use the mower without your permission, they will be disappointed. The mower's anti-theft system means that none else but you can use it. This is so because you set a unique PIN.
- Smartphone compatibility - You can control the operation and settings of the mower with the help of the smartphone application.
- Safety Features - The mower has the child lock feature which means your children stay protected. Also, the blades will stop when the mower is lifted or tilted. When it runs into an obstacle, the mower stops and changes its direction.
- Battery and Performance - The mower performs fairly good in both the prospects. The battery run time is 60 to 73 minutes. The time it takes for complete charging is about 60 to 90 minutes. Pretty decent, must say. The blades need replacement only once a year. Also, the blades are easy to replace.
- Cutting Width: 11 inches
- Product Dimensions: 24.8 inches x 18.1 inches x 8.3 inches
- Mower Weight: 25.1 Pounds
- Noise Level - 68-70 dB
- Mowing Time - 60 minutes average
- Autonomous Mowing Zones - 3
- Edge Mode
- Anthi-theft alarm
- Rain Sensing
- Can cover huge areas of lawns
- Costlier than other models
Technical Details - Husqvarna Automower 315
A budget lawn mower? Well, it's soemthing you aren't used to hearing right? This is a simple yet powerful lawn mower which knows how to do its job and justifies its price.
The battery-operated lawn mower is very eco-friendly which is why I love this one. It has zero emissions.
There's so much to give back to the mother nature. Opting for eco-friendly products is one small step that makes a difference. You may not put much thought into it, but stay assured that every eco-friendly gadget is anytime better than the counterparts that pollute.
The Smart and the Ingenious features of the McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
The lawn mower has rain sensors. The mower also does the cutting action even if it's raining, day, or night. It is fully programmable.
The mower can incline up to 25%. Hence, I recommend it for leveled lands. Areas with big differences in terrains are difficult to mow with this mower.
That being said, one should stay assured that the mower is automatic and does its basic job really well.
Technical Details - McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
This robotic lawn mower is the first ever mower that works without the perimeter wire. The VERY SMART and the VERY INTUITIVE lawn mower is one of its kind and we'll tell you why.
It is a well-known mower that mows your lawn with ease. You can leave the mower in the lawn and just forget about it, literally!
This mower makes your home remarkable. Why? Well, there's one feature I love this one for. Allow me to spill the beans about it in the blue box below.
The mower will leave your friends and neighbors fascinated with its tech edge over its counterparts!
Obstacle Prevention - A Pretty Interesting Concept
The mower is smart in the way that it understands the difference between living grass and the obstructions. Thus, the mower conveniently avoids mowing over stones, trees, walls, and even the dead grass. It understands they are not its purpose.
The process behind this is pretty glueing or interesting. The mower interprets that one of its wheels has stopped moving because of the obstacle, if hard. Hence, the intelligence system of the mower understands that one wheel is consuming a lot of power. So, it brings the mower to halt and stops rest of the wheels as well.
The mower stops, reverses, and changes its direction of mowing.
Another Great Feature - Automatic Updation of Firmware
One can update the firmware of this mower on its own. A person can increase the longevity of the product exponentially by keeping it up to date. This is the case with any gadget in the market,be it smartphone, laptop, or a fitness gadget.
The Belt Breaks Off
Any product has some pros and some cons and same is the case with this mower. Though it is good in performance and a plenty other things, there is a room for improvement.
The mower has a problem that in some cases, a screw in the belt might come off. The belt helps in the operation of the four wheels. This is something the company needs to focus on - Keeping the screws tight as it comes as an easily resolvable thing.
Till the time the company provides a resolution, it is good to identify if there is any loose screw, and fix it on our own.
Technical Details - Lawnbott LB 1200
Another product by Robomow. The company fairly wins over others in terms of quality of robotic lawn mowers in the market.
This robotic mower is highly efficient and is made for large lawns.
The good ratings of this mower on various reviewing sites was a reason which had convinced me to test this one.
The mower is good at its work and does not irritate the user. Well, for someone like me who does not like messed-up gadgets, it is highly important to find a gadget that performs its basic tasks easily and also gives something extra .
Accessories for Use
The mower comes with 50 pegs, 330 feet of perimeter wire, a perimeter switch for different lawn zones, manual, etc.
However, the mower lacks replacement blades which is okay as not many companies offer the same, anyway.
The Edge Mode
There is an edge mode in this mower. With this, the mower understands the mowing area, and perimeter of your lawn. The mower will remember it and get used to the different zones of your lawn. Accurate mowing and smart operation is the mandate.
Technical Details - Robomow RC 306
The Final Verdict - Best Robotic Lawn Mowers
Lawns accentuate the beauty of a house? NO!
Well-maintained lawns increase the beauty of a house.
Th8is season, stay idle and relax while your mower does the job. Mowing the lawn yourself can be refreshing if you don't have a hectic schedule. For people like me, robotic lawn mowers are a boon and trust me, in this round-up I have pretty much elaborated each and every details that will help you in your buying cycle.
While starting the review, I was a bit anxious since more or less, the mowers seemed the same. However, the tiny details covered will help you choose YOUR PRODUCT.
Ensure that if you have a large garden, the mower should be compatible for mowing large areas. There's no point buying a mower whose battery dies quickly and it takes days to complete the mowing.
The ability to remote control the mower is also crucial. Who wants an automatic mower that requires you to get up and change the settings? Is it even automatic then?
Also remember that most of the lawn mowers will have one drawback, i.e. setting up the perimeter wire which is time taking. However, that is something objective and same for all. A little effort in the beginning will pay off and you'll be used to it later.
Make the decision wisely. Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments!